Ambien

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Call DAN and ask if they ahve any information on it.

junko:
Would it be safe to take this to get to sleep the night before a morning dive?

I have used it on occasion and seem to be alright with it. You must take it at least 7 to 8 hours before you splash or else it might cloud your mind. I would wait to get a doc's opinion though. If you are not used to it, using it for the first time, it might have an a effect. I would guess everyone reacts to it differently. I would not exceed 5 mg but I'm not a doc so wait to get more professional advice.

I'm not new to it--I always take 10mg because I find 5 doesn't work.

pilot fish:
I have used it on occasion and seem to be alright with it. You must take it at least 7 to 8 hours before you splash or else it might cloud your mind. I would wait to get a doc's opinion though. If you are not used to it, using it for the first time, it might have an a effect. I would guess everyone reacts to it differently. I would not exceed 5 mg but I'm not a doc so wait to get more professional advice.

junko:
I'm not new to it--I always take 10mg because I find 5 doesn't work.

Then you MIGHT be OK with it, since you know how your system tolerates it. As I said, I've used it but only 5 mg. You might want to ask your Doc about this new sleep aid, Sonata. This pill is said to have a short "half life", I think is the term they used, which means it leaves your body much quicker than other forms of sleep aids, within an hour. Please, I'm not qualified to give advice on this, other than to say, I've done it and I was OK.

Are you tall, male, weigh 200 Lbs, as I do? It might make a difference if you're female, are 5'4" and weight 120

Thanks, I will call DAN. I'm actually more worried that it could cause seizure than being mentally affected by it.

junko:
Thanks, I will call DAN. I'm actually more worried that it could cause seizure than being mentally affected by it.

Siezure? How could that happen? Don't understand the connection. If you find out about that, I would be very interested in any info you that you get. Would you either post it on the board or PM me with it? Thanks.

Oh, ask about Sonata? It is said that you can safely use this sleep aid drug within 4 hors of awakening.

I AM IN NO WAY ADVOCATING TAKING SLEEP AIDS, OR VOUCHING FOR ITS SAFETY. CHECK WITH DAN OR YOU DOC, FELLOW DIVERS.

junko:
Would it be safe to take this [Ambien] to get to sleep the night before a morning dive?

well, i take it all the time (by prescription), and I dive ok, but i only take 5 mg.

just give yourself 7-8 hours to sleep, and you should be ok. do not dive for
about 10 hours after taking it, just to be safe.

H2Andy:
well, i take it all the time (by prescription), and I dive ok, but i only take 5 mg.

just give yourself 7-8 hours to sleep, and you should be ok. do not dive for
about 10 hours after taking it, just to be safe.

Have you heard of Sonata?

I've heard that some drugs raise the risk of a a seizure if used with Nitrox--I don't know if Ambien is one of them though. Also I was wondering if it could increase narcosis.

I've tried Sonata and the others but Ambien is the only one that's really worked.

pilot fish:
Siezure? How could that happen? Don't understand the connection. If you find out about that, I would be very interested in any info you that you get. Would you either post it on the board or PM me with it? Thanks.

Oh, ask about Sonata? It is said that you can safely use this sleep aid drug within 4 hors of awakening.

I AM IN NO WAY ADVOCATING TAKING SLEEP AIDS, OR VOUCHING FOR ITS SAFETY. CHECK WITH DAN OR YOU DOC, FELLOW DIVERS.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom