Ambergris next month

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cjones108

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
We have a timeshare that we can use at Costa Maya Reef or Captain Morgan's on Ambergris Caye. Most of us dive. Which place do people recommend? Which dive operation between Belize Academy of Diving at Costa Maya and Ambergris Divers at Captain Morgan's?

Thanks!

Hi -

I spent a week in January at Costa Maya Reef. The staff - awesome - all very nice and friendly and they did their best to ensure we had a wonderful time. Of course, the diving was amazing and the resort was nice - clean pool, lovely grounds. Mexican Rocks is right off shore and is an easy kayak out for snorkeling. One thing we really loved was meeting all the guests. It seemed like most of Canada was vacationing with us and we met some of the most lovely people.

Now, my complaints. Really, really far out from San Pedro. It was a 20 to 30 minute boat ride to get anywhere and if you're diving in town, it called for long days. We were always the first to be picked up and the last to be dropped off.

Getting to town on your own was expensive and some what limited, so unless you're willing to spend the money, you're kind of stuck. For dining choices, that's kind of boring. They have a really nice restaurant, but it was the same menu almost every night with one special. We did go to town and grab groceries, but after a full day of diving, the last thing any of us wanted to do was cook.

As for the rooms? Time for a lot of work. The furniture is old and the bathroom fixtures in our room were falling apart. One of our sinks was almost rusted through. The staff definitely keeps the rooms tidy and clean, but they're in serious need of a good carpenter and a decorator. Many of the outlaying buildings also need serious attention. In the dining area, one of the windows was shattered which gave the place a very unkempt appearance. It's dated. I think that's the best way to describe it.

HOW DID YOU GET THE TIMESHARE SWAP?? I've been trying for years to get it in Belize to no avail.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom