Ambergris in Dec. ... dive resort suggestions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba Monster

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just returned from an excellent week of diving in Cayman Brac this Saturday, Oct. 25th. And I already have diving withdrawals! The good news is that I found out I have 3 extra vacation days to use up this year. Yea!

We are thinking about a long weekend trip to Ambergris Dec. 3rd through the 7th. I've dived from Turneffe and Southern Belize, so we would like to try Ambergris. I've heard about Ramon's Resort, which sounds good for a long weekend. We like dive packages and prefer resorts that cater more to divers, but are open to some ideas. Minimal schelpping to and from the boat is a plus too. A trip to the Blue Hole is not on the list - been there dove that. I just want get in a few dives a day, check out San Pedro and ride around in a golf cart! :D Any input on Ramon's or some other suggestions? What should I expect from the diving from Ambergris? How long are the boat rides, excluding a trip to the Blue Hole?

Ramon's is a very nice resort with dive shop right out front so no long treks with gear. Although I haven't dove with them, they do have a good reputation on this board.

Dive sites are close...just beyond the barrier reef which is very close to the shoreline. Most of the boat rides will be around five minutes and the dive boats return to shore between dives for surface intervals since the drive time is so short.

Back
Top Bottom