Ambergris DM suggestions for August Please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zinfin

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi everyone,
My wife and I are heading to AC 8/29-9/5. We are staying at Grand Colony Villas. I think we got a great deal on the room. I was hoping that you could make a few suggestions . We are AOW,Nitrox ,comfortable with recreational divers to 120. We are comfortable in a variety of sea conditions, visability,and boats. The house shop is called Bottom Time. Does any one have any experience with them? We prefer small groups of 6- 8 or less (not a group of 30 with 5 dm's for the group to make the ratio 6:1) . We prefer smaller boats .Maybe a shore surface interval if possile. We prefer a company that goes slow and is not a follow the dm race. I realize that smaller groups cost more. Thanx in advance to everyone who can give us a solid referrel !

Last edited:
We dove with Chuck and Robbies back in April and had an awesome time. They will get you nitrox tanks if you ask for it and the boat holds 6-8 divers. We never felt rushed and the dives were enjoyable and relaxing. They picked us up each morning and had our gear ready on the boat. They price was very reasonable and I highly recommend.

Budgirl,
Thanx for the info. I really appreciate it ! Did they pickup you up at your hotel pier? Was it a 2 tank dive in the am? Did you go to the Blue Hole w/ them? Did you book ahead of time? Should I look them up Chuck and Robbies - Belize diving? Tahnx again!! - Zinfin

Yes, they picked us up at the hotel...we stayed at the Belize Palms Condos next door to Ramons. We did a two tank dive in the morning. We decided not to dive the blue hole, instead we went with Chuck and Robbies to Turneffe and did 3 wall dives in that area. They don't normally do that trip unless they have enough people that want to go down there for the day. Amigos del Mar and Aqua dives both go to the Blue Hole regularly. The diving in Turneffe was the best we saw all week. Ambergris Caye is nice, but Turneffe is much more dramatic.

Yes, we booked ahead of time...they are a really good group to work with small, but very friendly...we had a BBQ with them on our last night and the lunch they brought down to Turneffe was the best food I ate all week!

Chuck and Robbies website:

Chuck & Robbie's - Ambergris Caye Scuba Diving & Instruction

Hey Guys ,
Thanx for the positive info. I will book with them soon. Its nice to know you had such a great time. All the dive company websites look fine, but we usually try to find a referrel . I try to suppport dive ops that other divers recommend. Stay well Have fun - Matt

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom