Ambergris Caye OR Caye Caulker

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i'd advise emailing places rather than just looking at the websites - you never know what someone will do for pricing!! I've usually mangaged to get some sort of discount down there!!

Not only will Caye Caulker be cheaper, but if you are travelling alone, it will probably be friendlier than Ambergris. It is a very small, laid-back, backpacker type place as opposed to the resort feel of Ambergris. I was travelling on my own there initially and the first night i ate out someone came up to me in the restaurant and welcomed me and introduced me to everyone else there, including some Brits who were staying next to me and would knock on my door each morning to wake me up. This is not an experience i've had in resort areas. However, there isn't much night life on Caulker, as someone else pointed out, if that's what you're into.

lissa:
Not only will Caye Caulker be cheaper, but if you are travelling alone, it will probably be friendlier than Ambergris. It is a very small, laid-back, backpacker type place as opposed to the resort feel of Ambergris. I was travelling on my own there initially and the first night i ate out someone came up to me in the restaurant and welcomed me and introduced me to everyone else there, including some Brits who were staying next to me and would knock on my door each morning to wake me up. This is not an experience i've had in resort areas. However, there isn't much night life on Caulker, as someone else pointed out, if that's what you're into.

Lissa-

Welcome to the board. I imagine "uglyredshoes" has probably been home from the Belize trip for atleast 4 months. :wink: :42: Ken

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom