Ambergris Caye Hotels - Why no reviews on Aqua Marina Suites?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DBADiver

New
Reaction score
I'm planning a first time trip to Belize in early January and am currently narrowing down my hotel choices. Among my top choices so far are the Sunbreeze, Blue Tang, and Aqua Marina Suites. I've seen a lot of good reviews of the Sunbreeze and a few on the Blue Tang, but haven't been albe to find anything on Aqua Marina. From what I've seen online, they appear to be the cheapest of the three and the place looks very nice. Any first hand accounts out there?

Thanks, looking forward to my first visit to Belize!!
Tom

We are staying there in September. We'll let you know what we find out.

I think I saw a review of Aqua Marina Suites on Diver to Diver - a trip report that was posted within the past month. I may be remembering it wrong, but you might do a search over there.

Taxgeek

take a look on tripadvisor - there are a few reviews on there - all v posative. I havent stayed there but been in the rooms and at the bar - it's nice - you can self cater there (cant at sunbreeze) it's very central and can be a wee bit noisy at night, Mind you so can sunbreeze, especially if your room backs onto BC's beach bar! I really like sunbreeze because of it's location - quick walk into town but away from the traffic!! Aquamarina is really handy for Amigos del Mar and Cholos bar (spent way to many hours in both!) If you can get a good price there - i'd go for it - i would be surprised if it was cheaper than sunbreeze or blue tang though. Sunbreeze has a nice pool and restaurant/bar, Aquamarina has more amenities in the room (fridge cooking facilities) shady pool area and bar too and is right on the dock, Blue Tang - v nice and a bit more private than Aquamarina - good room facilities too - I would think you'll be happy in any of those places! Have a great trip - wish i was going too!

I just returned from 10 days at the Aqua Marina and can say positively that I thought it was a great operation--particularly because the staff is so incredibly helpful and friendly. They really made us feel like we were friends staying there instead of just tourists. I highly recommend them. We also did 6 days of diving with Aquadives and while I had read some really bad things about them, I found them to be highly professional and competent--great briefings, showed us wildlife, paid attention to different ability levels of divers, they took diving seriously but still had lots of fun. Just make sure to do the all day trips out to Turneffe and Lighthouse Reefs--it's more expensive, but the diving is much better out there than locally. The local local dives are fine, just not as spectacular. All in all, we had a great trip with Aqua Marina and Aquadives!

Stayed there in Feb and would definitely stay there again. Rooms have kitchens which was helpful for breakfast and lunch. Dinners were out of course. Great views from most of the rooms. Great central location. Friendly bar staff. Don't forget the happy hours.

Also dove with Aquadives. No problems with them. They pick you up right at the resort dock. SI at the resort. DM's were friendly and professional. A little too conservative for my tastes, but it's in their best interest I suppose. If you're looking for some good recreational diving, they can do the job.

I would stay there again, but I think I might try a different dive op.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom