Ambergris and Internet Access

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes.

I used CocoNet, about a 10 minute walk north of the airstrip. They offer 15 minutes of free Internet use if you buy a drink (Diet Cokes were $1.50 US when I was there in June 06). There are several other places as well.

Hal:
Are there places in San Pedro to access internet/e-mail? I'll be staying at Banana Beach.

Thanks,

Hal

Don't remember the name of the place, but it is next door to (just north of) the Mayan Princess. They also run WiFi as I recall.

Art

Yes...there are internet cafe's. Banana beach may even have a wifi network by now. Be sure hit up B.C.'s for their bbq on sunday's. I can't wait till we get to go back in december.

there are several in town, and island internt is about half way from Banana beach and town. you could also stop in at Pedro's Bar and pizza they also have internet at the bar, good pizza too

I have not been down there in about a year, but I recall internet cafe time was on the expensive side. Banana Beach charged $16 per day for WiFi last year.

Thank you all. Needed to figure out just how accessible it was, since I won't be able to disengage completely while away. Again, thanks.

Hal

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom