amazon link weirdness

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dmaziuk

Contributor
Reaction score
Link to amazon product page, copy-pasted from URL bar directly into the post (i.e. not as "media", "image", or "link")

same page as "insert link" if I don't type in the text:

Behind door number 3: sexy trucker -- same as above: "insert link", but with "sexy trucker" typed into "text"

and the most $#@!ing annoying one: after switching to bbcode editor, typing in the url tag by hand, pasting the link, and typing in the closing tag:

I was having issues with disappearing Amazon links, and realized adblock on chrome was the problem. Think it had to do with upgrade changes, don't recall it being a problem before. Turned off adblocker and all is well.

What is the weirdness? All 4 links above work and look fine to me.

Link to amazon product page, copy-pasted from URL bar directly into the post (i.e. not as "media", "image", or "link")

When you use a URL in your post, the RIM (Random Intelligence Module) tries to change it into something more visually interesting. I hope it's not too $#@!ing annoying for you...

... the RIM (Random Intelligence Module) tries to change it into something more visually interesting...

Ah, so it's a RIM job, then. Got it.

When you use a URL in your post, the RIM (Random Intelligence Module) tries to change it into something more visually interesting. I hope it's not too $#@!ing annoying for you...

Actually, seeing how the result is not what I wrote and not what I intended to post, I would very much appreciate it if it also removed my name from the post and signed it "RIM".

IOW it's more than annoying, it shouldn't be legal.

@dmaziuk more importantly why do you need so many signs to tell us that you got huge balls? 😂

It's not me, it's my favourite amazon product: the huge blue balls to hang off the hitch bar. Closely followed by truck horns and the roof-mounted extra large American flag.

:daydream: If only I could find a '59 El Camino for a reasonable price to put them on...
1920px-59_El_Camino.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom