amazing porteau night dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ryanmacneil8448

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I did a porteau night dive last night it was one of the most amazing night dives i've had at porteau. down for an hour, saw 4 octos. one HUGE under the sailboat, looks like its made quite the home under there. saw one underneath one of the boundary bouys probably 2 feet across. and saw 2 tiny ones out in the open. the phospheresence where incredible last night, there where also huge nudis all over the granthall. huge ling cod under the tugboat and jungle jim. couple of war bonnets on the granthall. all and all an amazing night dive except for the big leak in my drysuit right at the crotch. also got a piece of the audi that went in the water last week

Ryan: I've never done Porteau at night (dusk yes, night no).

Sounds wicket though. Do you go there at night often? I guess it's closest to you...

Bjorn

wow.. sounds like a great dive. i love them big occies....

every time i hear Porteau i remember my buddy puking underwater one fine afternoon cuz of a hangover.. hahahaha that was a fun swim back to shore, trying not to laugh my *** off too hard

Mike: I guess noone thought to call the dive? :wink:

I've gone hung over before but my dives were always cut short by having to pee since I was trying to hydrate like crazy in the morning :D

Puking in your reg is something alright ... but advanced??

:p

For those of us who get seasick - yep - advanced. I think it is a sub specialty of boat diving:D

Darnold: Shhh don't tell PADI, I never took the boat diving specialty, but I'm out diving on boats!!:no

No wonder I have not yet been introduced to the 'puking through your reg' sub specialty. Now I've finally figured out a reason why you don't want to dive with a long hose...
:rofl3:

same dive as last week. except 6 octopus 4 out in the open and 2 hiding, tried to feed the big one wasnt hungry. fixed the drysuit still pretty cold down there. amazing phospheresence and amazing viz.

Ryan: Where are you finding all these octo's?

I really may need to take the treck out to Porteau for a night dive. :)

Back
Top Bottom