Am in Coz now, had my Dive Op cancel due to lack of bookings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reidlowe

Registered
Reaction score
So I'm looking for recommendations, I won't slander the guy for the cancel as he's working to get me an alternate that he would trust. If you search TripAdvisor, he's the #1 operator based on folks experience. He even went so far as to give me a local cell phone so he could call with the arrangements and not have to hassle (me) with my phone or such. That's a nice accomodation.

Appreciate any pointers, have 32 dives logged, am Advanced and EANx cert, am looking for photo ops and night dives (1-2) over the next 7 days.

Reid

Certainly any larger op like Dive Paradise will have boats going out.

They have locations from Hotel Barracuda, Hotel Cozumel and I believe another further south.

Does not sound like the word "slander" belongs in this post. I am sure that Tony will find you a great alternative to dive with. He offers great personal service and will book you with an OP that offers the same high quality.

Blue Angel has several boats and is usually well booked - but always room for a single diver.

I agree with Judy. "Slander" isn't a word you can use in this circumstance. The operator will generally find you another place with a friend and you won't miss a beat.

I agree with Judy & MMM's second paragraph. You have to give Tony a chance to make some calls and get it arranged. Not so easy for him since most ops are suffering from lack of customers right now. He's a straight-talking, much-liked member of our community (Scubaboard & Cozumel) who has told you he'd take care of it. So he will.

Just a "tritto" of what the above posters have stated. If Tony said he would take care of it for you, then give him the chance to do so. He may not even be able to get you on with his first, second or third choice, but he'll find you a spot somewhere. He's a great guy!

The island is HORRIBLY slow right now and quite a few operations are in the same boat (pun intended) with few or no customers this week. This is evidenced not only by seeing very few boats out there and the Caleta full of boats - but also at the fill station. I went by yesterday to pay my bill and the fill area was FULL of diveshop tanks not being used, big shops as well - it was something I've never seen here except after Wilma and quite sad actually.

.... he's working to get me an alternate that he would trust....
Reid

This says it all...Tony will bust his butt to find you an op that will give you an experience comparable to what he would have provided. You would have had a fantastic experience diving with Tony, but trust that anyone he would send you to will also be superb. Have a great time!!

Just a "tritto" of what the above posters have stated. If Tony said he would take care of it for you, then give him the chance to do so. He may not even be able to get you on with his first, second or third choice, but he'll find you a spot somewhere. He's a great guy!

The island is HORRIBLY slow right now and quite a few operations are in the same boat (pun intended) with few or no customers this week. This is evidenced not only by seeing very few boats out there and the Caleta full of boats - but also at the fill station. I went by yesterday to pay my bill and the fill area was FULL of diveshop tanks not being used, big shops as well - it was something I've never seen here except after Wilma and quite sad actually.

It sounds like a GREAT time to go to Cozumel! Wish I could!

If you want an answer to your question, email Opal at Scubamaucozumel.com and she will get you out. She has boats going out every day. She will cater to you and your dive skills. You will enjoy the time with them for sure.
What scares the dive ops that get their diver other ops to use is worry they loose their client to the new op they use. That can happen I suppose.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom