am I SOL re: jet style fin?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LiteHedded

Contributor
Reaction score
I wear a size 13 henderson boot and the xl jetfins are way too small and the xxl is WAY too big.
just got off the phone with scubatoys and they tried putting my boot in an XL & XXL OMS slipstream and a turtle fin
the xl was too small and both the others were too big.
my quattros are great but after seeing a buddy haul *** against a current in doubles and a drysuit by frog kicking in jets I see just how much power I'm lacking with that kick.
am I SOL?

I had Henderson hard sole boots that would not fit in some fins a while back. I switched boots, and the fins were no problem. Sometimes certain boots just have wider footprints than others. You may want to visit the local LDS and see if other boots that you might wear will fit fins you are looking at - or see if scubatoys will try a few boot options for you on Jet fins...

I love these damn boots...
I'll see what they have at the shop.
if I could find a boot with a thick sole like this that would cram into a jetfin that would be ideal

ok
no sort of bootie magic is going to get me into an XL jet fin
lol

I think you're more likely to find a chunkier boot that will make xxls work. I've seen a scubapro boot that looks a lot bulkier that the hendersons.

I'm a 13 and wear a size 14 pinnacle - it fits ok in the XXL Jets. I just saw a pair of thick soled boots from seasoft I want to try - looks like it may work from the pictures.

fwiw - here is what I've found so far: Aloha Shore Divers Might besomething there that helps.

Aloha, Tim

P.S. I do a lot of shore entries over sharp lava rock, so a good sole is important to me also.

see, to me it looks like the turtle would fit ok in that picture.
when I put my foot in the XL jet sans-bootie it fits very snug on my foot. it would be impossible to wear any bootie with it. and in the pic the turtle looks just a tad bigger.
but the guy at ST put my boot in one and said it was swimming in it.
I just dunno

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom