Am i bent?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You're planning to be a pilot...so you dived a sunken plane in a quarry?

I'm really trying to follow the logic on that one but I'm admittedly falling short.

I agree that the OP worded that in an especially amusing fashion. How about "I dig planes (and I'm becoming a pilot) so when I discovered there was a sunken plane I really wanted to see it."

I agree that the OP worded that in an especially amusing fashion. How about "I dig planes (and I'm becoming a pilot) so when I discovered there was a sunken plane I really wanted to see it."

I'm into chicks so when I discovered a cemetery right around the street from my house, I grabbed a shovel and...

Nevermind

Thank you for the reassurance and info. If the bubbles eventually dissipate i feel there is no need to worry. According to what i have read on the forums i have visited it was a very shallow dive with a relatively short duration. If the headache was co2 buildup it is logical that the aches would be from the exorcise. (i did just come back from vacation so i haven't been working in 2 weeks). As for seeing a doctor i have to be on deaths door before it is a logical to do that whit how the health insurance charges me. I may call DAN as you all advise. just to see that everyone agrees. But it makes me feel better that if it had any possibility of being the bends the bubbles would have dissipated by now. As i may have mentioned before i understand very little about how the bends works. All i know is mentioning it in the local dive shop evokes horrific stories.(and as far as i read all a doctor could do at this point is inform me i had suffered tissue damage anyway(its as much to convince you as me))

As far as the logic behind the dive. the original plan was to take a picture in the cockpit and to have it beside pics of me in the cockpit of working aircraft as kinda a neat pic, but it was so cold when we reached it i wanted to get to the warm water and dad wanted to more. i was watching the gauge ascending and looked up from like 30 and he was at the surface so i decided to follow. Thats how this all got to going up too fast with no safety stop. and actually i went up faster than i intended. i looked up while still trying to keep a slow pace and looked back down at my gauge to realize i was in less than 15 ft all of a sudden. but i believe i have bored you all enough with my stupidity. I really appreciate your help. I find it awesome that there are open forums where i can get such knowledgeable advice.

It could be you have a barotrauma of your sinuses (an overexpansion injury) due to the rapid ascent and difficultly in clearing. Reverse blocks are fairly uncommon but asthma and allergies can make them more likely. Given the relatively shallow dive it seems unlikely that you are bent in the usual sense of having nitrogen bubbles in your system. Was there pain during the rapid ascent?

I agree.....though it might be prudent to go get checked out just to be safe.
I must say the "ha ha, your probably bent" statement from a dad to his son I find rather disturbing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom