Always Make Sure the Bolts Are Tight

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Propellers going through a fuselage is caused by:

(A) Airman getting out of the service, and getting back at someone

(B) Pilots throwing the full speed engines into reverse "just to see what happens"

(C) Cross threading the bolts, and saying "some threads are better then none"

(D) None of the above

I noticed on my most recent flight on a C-130 there are markings on the inside of the cargo hold to indicate where a propeller will go through the fuselage. Apparently this is a big enough problem to warrant letting the unlucky SOBs who are sitting in that area (as I was) that in the event of the prop flying off that you were as good as dead. Not entirely comforting.

I saw that movie! Wasn't it "Flight of the Phoenix" with Dennis Quaid?

And you wonder why I jump out of air force planes????? :11:

Reminds me of a trip I was on a C5 Galaxy, we sat on the airstrip for an hour. Nobody said a word, the flight crew was tight lipped about it (would not answer a single question). We get to Savannah, Ga and finally the load master tells me and another guy, "Sorry it took so long to get here, we had a hydraulic leak in the right wing and had to get permission to fly a broken aircraft". Makes you think; "What are they doing out there?"

Firebrand:
I saw that movie! Wasn't it "Flight of the Phoenix" with Dennis Quaid?

Haven't seen "Flight of the Phoenix," but I know it happened in "Con Air."

When people ask why I jump out of "perfectly good airplanes" I respond by saying, "I have never jumped from a perfectly good airplane, they ALWAYS have something wrong with them at any given time." When I was in Germany for CTLT (gotta love those cadet years) I was with an Army Avation unit and we "fixed" a fuel leak from the bottom of the aircraft by draining some of the fuel out. I'm not an expert but that DOESN'T strike me as the way to fix a fuel leak! Of course, the military being what it is, I had to fly in that aircraft 10 minutes later.

Back
Top Bottom