Alternatives to Scuba Pro Jet Fins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

serrada

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I need some help in finding jet fins that fit my feet.

1)I ordered a pair of XXL SP Jet Fins and the foot pocket is way too wide, for my size 15 narrow foot, with any type of booties. The XL SP Jet Fins does not have a deep enough foot pocket, but is about right in width. Any ideas on the foot pocket size of the knock offs?

Also,

2)Can anyone give a list of knock offs, so I can further do research. I’m aware of OMS and XS Scuba brands. Are there others?

:shakehead

IDI
IST
...I know there are some others..

The XS Scuba Turtle fins are the intermediate size between Jets XL and XXL. I just got mine this week, and am happy with them.

Ray

radinator:
The XS Scuba Turtle fins are the intermediate size between Jets XL and XXL. I just got mine this week, and am happy with them.

Ray

I just got my Turtles this week as well, my XXL Jets were a tad too big for my size 11 Rockboots. The Turtles seem to fit better, but the flexibility of the footpocket and the less stiff fin will take some getting used to.

Mel

The Turtles are not much deeper than the XL Jets. For dimensions see: http://www.kidspot.org/personal/scubaboard/fincomparison.html

You might check the new Rocket II (I think that's the model) as they have a full footbed like the ScubaPro Twin Jets (Split fins) that might work better for you.

The difference in foot pockets between XL & XXL Jets is 1/2 inch, though you may have had trouble because of the height - in which case the Turtles will give a little more flexibility in sizing for you.

One other option is to glue rubber strips inside the foot pocket of the XXL Jets to snug them up on the sides (when you get into larger foot sizes like us it gets difficult to find a good fit off the shelf)

btw - a stiff sole on your boot also makes a big difference as the Jets footpocket is quite shallow.

Aloha, Tim

Thanks for your replies.

PerroneFord, the IDI's look more like Rocket fins, are they?

I think the turtles may be a little wide based on the chart kidspot provided in his reply.

SouthEastFloridaDiver, thanks for the info, but I would prefer the jet fin style. The diving I'll mainly be doing is South East Florida wreck diving. But, I guess first comes fit then function with my odd feet. I'll keep the Dive Rite fins in mind though.

serrada:
Thanks for your replies.

PerroneFord, the IDI's look more like Rocket fins, are they?

I think the turtles may be a little wide based on the chart kidspot provided in his reply.

SouthEastFloridaDiver, thanks for the info, but I would prefer the jet fin style. The diving I'll mainly be doing is South East Florida wreck diving. But, I guess first comes fit then function with my odd feet. I'll keep the Dive Rite fins in mind though.

The foot pocket on the Turtle fins is slightly wider than the XXL Jet ... it's just not as deep. I have size 9 EE feet, and the Turtles fit me well. For those with narrow feet, I'm not sure at all that it's the right fin for you.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom