Alternatives to getting regs serviced at LDS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Swan1172

Contributor
Reaction score
Outside of DIY, is anyone aware of any alternatives to getting your regulators serviced at your LDS? In particular, are there any reputable places to send your regulators for service?

The reason I am asking this question is that my LDS does not carry ScubaPro and charges an outrageous price to service equipment that they do not carry. I bought an MK10/G250/R190 set-up off eBay, so there are no warranty issues. I don't mind doing the work myself, but would like to have them professionally checked the first time.

Scubatoys has service. My LDS is a Scubapro dealer & has an outstanding tech. You can make arrangements to mail them to him. Sea Divers, in Ozark AL. 334-774-3483

Swan1172:
Outside of DIY, is anyone aware of any alternatives to getting your regulators serviced at your LDS? In particular, are there any reputable places to send your regulators for service?

The reason I am asking this question is that my LDS does not carry ScubaPro and charges an outrageous price to service equipment that they do not carry. I bought an MK10/G250/R190 set-up off eBay, so there are no warranty issues. I don't mind doing the work myself, but would like to have them professionally checked the first time.

Scubatoys or AirTech.

Swan1172:

The first two definitely do ScubaPro rebuilds:

if you don't mind shipping to Canada, there are several people from Ohio that ship their regs to Dan Humble at Dive Tech for rebuilds.... awesome service! Just make sure you ask him what proper paperwork should be included to easy the border crossing. (If ever a dive shop owner wanted a better model of an excellent brick and mortar operation -sales and service... they'd be harded pressed to find it!)

Northeast Scuba Supply in Pennsylvania

I have a hunch that Tech Diving Limited probably does rebuilds

Contact board members DA Aquamaster or JS1scuba. Either one will take good care of you and your gear.

Thanks for all of the suggestions! These are exactly the kind of alternatives that I am looking for.

Swan1772,

When I lived in your neck of the woods (Canton), I took my Scubapro gear to Sub-Aquatics in Reynoldsburg outside Columbus for servicing after having some less than desirable experiences closer to home. The wife & I would make a Saturday day trip - a "one tank trip" - out of it, having a nice supper out in the Columbus area before driving home. I was extremely pleased by the level of attentive service given both to my equipment and to me as the customer by these folks. A second trip to pick the gear back up worked well a few weeks later, or often one of my co-workers would pick up the gear if they were going to Columbus for the weekend provided I notified the shop who was going to pick it up and paid for the service via credit card over the phone. Just another alternative to consider.

I can't help you with Scuba Pro regs, but Zeagle does factory servicing for people who do not have easy access to a LDS. Our cost is probably a litle more than you would pay locally, due to the fact that we do not want to compete with the local dealers, but if you want factory service, we will do it.

Thanks,

Scott

Swan1172:

Not to toot my own horn.. But our technician is outstanding. I've never known anyone who does a better job and I've seen quite a few tech's.

PM me if you'd like.
$20 per stage + parts.

Back
Top Bottom