Alternative to X-shorts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Boogie711:
The Dive Rite thigh pockets are pretty small.

You must be thinking of the wrong pockets. They fit quite a bit of stuff in there. I didn't have any issues fitting things in mine.

_HOWEVER_ the issue I had was that they don't sit flush against the leg, and end up dangling down quite a bit as well as flopping around when you kick.

Unfortunately I don't have any pictures to prove it, but when I saw my buddy after I sold them to him, it was -very- apparent.

Pockets can be sewn to a piece of neoprene which is then sewn to the wetsuit. That's the way mine are attached to my suit. (But I just got a new suit and am thinking of using x-shorts instead.)

Soggy:
Why can't you get them in the Phillipenes? Does www.fifthd.com not ship to the Phillipenes for some reason?

If not, make them yourself....

Aren't they basically bike shorts with a couple pockets sewn on? Surely you can get biking shorts and Halcyon pockets?

A guy at Brownies did just that. They've lasted him about two years already. He loves them.

Spectre:
_HOWEVER_ the issue I had was that they don't sit flush against the leg, and end up dangling down quite a bit as well as flopping around when you kick.
I have a dive rite thigh pocket and had the same problems. Used it about twice and threw it in the corner. I still haven't gotten back to experimenting with it. I was having the same problems you referred to, it didn't sit flush against my thigh. It also flopped around when kicking and I kept having to reach down and readjust it. I didn't have great results with it and have been looking at the x-shorts for awhile.

Matt

Soggy:
Why can't you get them in the Philippines? Does www.fifthd.com not ship to the Philippines for some reason?

If not, make them yourself....

Aren't they basically bike shorts with a couple pockets sewn on? Surely you can get biking shorts and Halcyon pockets?

5thd does ship here but too expensive.

I thought the shorts were neoprene or something.

If they're just bike shorts... then yes, I will go and make my own! :) Thanks guys!

if theres an army surplus store near where you are, you should be able to find all sorts of pockets that will fit on standard 2" webbing

The link calls it a diaper! A D-i-a-p-e-r!! Holey Cow BatMan, Divers with Diapers!! N

My harness is now equipped with a Harness Pocket.

The harness pocket used to be on Halcyon's product list. I think it was decided that it wasn't DIR since it occupied the spot for the light canister and may cause confusion when switching from your wet -> dry rig.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom