Alternative to Suunto SK7 Compass Wrist Mount

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

61009_IMAGE_SMALL.jpg

Elastomeric Bungee Ready Mount for *SOME* Pelagic (Oceanic / Aeris / Sherwood) compasses

Sorry for the clumsy post; these are the DSS alternatives to the SK 7 mount.

My understanding is that there is no compass more talerant of tilt than the SK-7. The problem with them is that they don't last very long -- eventually the plastic develops some kind of micro-cracking, the compass loses fluid and sticks. Home repairs aren't very easy or successful, and the modules are $70 apiece, which is kind of expensive if you are replacing them every couple of years.
What she said. I'm on my 4th SK7. Next I'll probably give the FS-1 a spin and see if it lasts any longer.

-B

The problem [the SK7] is that they don't last very long -- eventually the plastic develops some kind of micro-cracking, the compass loses fluid and sticks.

And you don't notice it until it's under pressure, then you **** around with it until until you realize it must be broken, and then you surface and it works just fine so you think that maybe you're crazy, until later at home you press on it and see the cracks and your wisenheimer dad suggests that you glue it to your dashboard......In case you should find yourself lost in the wilderness.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom