Alternative to Rock Boots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jar546

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I have a suit with turbo soles and a suit I have to use RockBoots. Looking to see what others use for their suits in place of RockBoots by DUI.

What do you use?

I've used a bunch of different things. I've used Scubapro wetsuit booties (worked okay, but didn't allow any air in my feet, and they got cold). I've used Bare boots, which I like quite a bit for boots. I've used Gill Marine boat shoes -- the tall ones with the velcro strap around the ankle are pretty nice, but don't have thick enough soles for entries over rocks. I don't want to use any kind of overboot of any sort at all for any high-risk diving -- I have kicked a boot (and the attached fin) off 1500 feet back in a cave. I do not ever want to do that again.

One time I forgot to pack my rock boots for a SoCal trip, I stopped by a shoe store and purchased a pair of Chuck Taylors. They worked quite well.

Do the Chuck Taylors correspond to the same size as the Rock Boots?

I normally wear size 10-10.5 regular shoes, RockBoots I have size 11. I would assume the CTs would be the same as the RockBoots????

I use them for boots, and when they are dry they are clean street shoes. So I guess size them a half size larger, try them on with the suit and if they don't fit take them back.

I wear a size 9 shoe but need a size 11 CT. I believe that differential (plus or minus) is common.

I have a suit with turbo soles and a suit I have to use RockBoots. Looking to see what others use for their suits in place of RockBoots by DUI.

What do you use?

If Converses are an option, I wonder whether the following kind would be better as they're all-rubber, a material that's less likely than canvas to rot with prolonged immersion:

RUBBER CRAZE « Oblea-Tan Fashionlog

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom