Alternative to Backscatter as UW Photography Shop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Vijay at Bluewater was great to work with when I was putting together my first camera rig- super patient in answering all my questions, offering his opinion on things that could be changed (and why) as well as alternates to consider. Ended up with a rig I love!

Jack at Optical Ocean Sales responded quickly to a question I had about dimensions on the Leak Sentinel and, after confirming it would work in my housing, the ordering process was painless. My order was over $200 and qualified for free shipping, so I can't comment on shipping charges.

Reef Photo & Video is the only physical store I've been to (placed my order online, picked it up when I was in town)- great customer service- asked about my camera and photography and plans for that trip. I almost wish I needed more parts because they seemed to have some of the more obscure items I hadn't seen offered elsewhere (online anyway).

While there are common offerings between all the stores, each also seemed to have a niche, carrying items not found elsewhere. I would definitely order from any of them again!

Hello everyone,

Does anyone have any good alternatives to backscatter uw photo, and have any opinions regarding customer service?

Thanks!

Is there an issue with Backscatter you are trying to find alternatives for them?

Yes, attitude and good advice to customers are key. Despite I have invested a great deal of money with backscatter over the last two years, I feel sort of ignored.

Is there an issue with Backscatter you are trying to find alternatives for them?

Adorama is the photo place downstairs from LeisurePro.

I deal a lot with Mozaik. They have locations in both British Columbia and in Washington State, so for those of us in Canada, there is no duty or import fees. It is a small family run business who are second perhaps only to Shearwater in their desire to have outstanding customer service. They place a high degree of importance on making sure that you get the right gear for you, not the gear that they want to sell you. (I have actually had them tell me that they thought a lower priced product would meet my needs better than the expensive one that I was considering.)

I think that they would be worth at least a look.

I live on the east coast but jack from ocean optical always answers my questions thoroughly and offers options alternatives and I've done a majority of my business there. Backscatter west too has answered many questions and have been helpful. Those would be my top 2.. although I've heard great things from reef photo I just have yet to use them. Customer service is very important for the amount of money things are!

I am not into beating up on Backscatter, they have been good to me. Most of my gear comes from Reef, who has always been super nice and good to work with. But, I want to add, Divervision, I have bought a number of items from them over several years and they are also very responsive and fast and communicate any issues with the order right away. They have a few items not listed on some of our domestic friends websites.

Back
Top Bottom