Alternative Harness Setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cebudiver

Reaction score
I recently purchased a harness that is configured quite differently than the others which I have sean and or provided by OMS, or Dive Rite.

This harness comes over your rite shoulder and into your left hip, and over your rite shoulder to connect with a quick release buckle then on to your left hip. An X is created on your chest with the D-Rings.

My question is this, has anyone had any experience with this kind of harness setup? Are there any drawbacks to it?

Thank You.

That crossing of the straps goes behind your neck. This is how some people prefer to wear there harness. So how this works is the right shoulder strap leaves the bp and travels behind your neck over your shoulder than down to your left hip and the left shoulder strap leaves the bp and travels behind your neck over your right shoulder and down to your right hip. Hope this makes sense and helps you understand. Jason

cebudiver:
I recently purchased a harness that is configured quite differently than the others which I have sean and or provided by OMS, or Dive Rite.

This harness comes over your rite shoulder and into your left hip, and over your rite shoulder to connect with a quick release buckle then on to your left hip. An X is created on your chest with the D-Rings.

My question is this, has anyone had any experience with this kind of harness setup? Are there any drawbacks to it?

Thank You.

Is the Harness an OMS Comfort Harness?

Sort of like this maybe?????

bp123-s.jpg

The only thing to remeber with that is to keep the X behind you neck and NOT on your chest.

The large buckle is there to aid in the donning and removal of the harness

It also adds a potential failure point (weight of doubles set on a plastic buckle?) and the chest strap is entirely unnecessary and just gets in the way.

Why is the chest strap needed (or even useful)? My BC came so equipped and I haven't used it since the first dive or two. (it's been lashed down out of the way, didn't cut it off, lest I void the warranty on the BC) It's not needed to keep the BC in place and is a nuisance at best, espceally in a drysuit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom