Alternative Air source?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sporket

Contributor
Reaction score
It doesn't. Unless you're talking about just adding it as the backup 2nd stage to your Flathead.

Yea as a backup. How do you rate its performance? Worthy or other suggestions? Flathead is my primary.

You didn't purchase a backup 2nd stage when you purchased the Flathead? Or are you converting from an Air2 style backup to this style?

I would figure, based solely on its design, that it would perform on par with the Apeks ATX40. Which should be fine.

Ideally, you want a "detuned" 2nd stage for your backup. The easiest way is to get a regulator that has an adjustment (such as the ATX40, 50, etc and the ZX) and you can back it down to "low performance" normally...and if you have to switch to it in an air-share situation, you can always dial it back up.

Since you already have the Flathead, you should stick with the same brand...makes parts / service easier. People use various regulator systems: Scubapro and Apeks are the most prevalent, however, Zeagle, Dive Rite, Salvo, Atomic, and a few others are fine too.

Thanks guys this is the kind of info I was searching for. You guys rock!

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom