Alternate Light Monkey Li-ion charger

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nomad-Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
I have a Light Monkey 10-21 (10 Ah, 21W) Canister light, and it is serving me well.

I have had a bit of trouble with the charger (but local support has been great in organising replacement). I would like to get an alternate charger to have as a backup “just in case” - especially for trips away. I would like to get a non Light Monkey one.

Does anyone else successfully use any other chargers on Light Monkey Canister lights ?

A quick search showed one possibility iCharger 106B-plus 250W 6s Balance/Charger

Any thoughts on this or perhaps others ?

Thanks in advance for any feedback

I don't know how it wil work because i think that Light Monkey have build-in self- balancing and protection circuit . In that case you have only + and - pole aveable. Like

Protection Circuit Module (PCM) with Equilibrium Function & Fuel Gauge for 11.1V Li-Ion Battery Pack at 10A limit

iCharger charges battery pack by analysing and charging single cell ( so you need No. of cells + 1 ) wires . These wires are connected in white slots left near red+ and black- in linked pictures.

That system is much better than LM because you monitor during charging each cell .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom