Alternate Gas Backup Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Old or not, they reprinted it this year, indicating the organization (or at least the editor) still stands behind the advice
no it doesn't, just means that it got published. Also doesn't make the editor an authority on the topic, nor does it make the writer. Care to publish who the writer is? I'm travelling and don't have that copy with me and it's not on their website. The editor is a journalist, he is not qualified to verify content. I'm genuinely curious who wrote this though because the odds

This quoted material is taken from a Q3 Summer 2011 article by Nicholas Bird in ALert Diver, called "Stacking the Deck."
Nice to know we've learned nothing in over a decade. :(

His Bio, I guess

Yes, it was in the special safety edition that just arrived at my domicile, picture included in the original mention of it.

Yes, it was in the special safety edition that just arrived at my domicile, picture included in the original mention of it.
while Dr. Bird is certainly a highly qualified researcher, I would say that republishing that article is doing nothing but a disservice to the community as that information is extremely dated and the computers we use have changed a lot in the last decade in terms of their capabilities to adjust conservatism.
There are a lot of people that have contributed to this thread with a lot more authority on actual diving techniques and I would recommend following the current recommendations vs ones that are a decade old. Hell, 10 years ago many people thought bubble models were a good idea.....

Back
Top Bottom