Alternate Air Source

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dubya

Registered
Reaction score
I'm getting ready to purchase an alternate air source and am considering one of the following:

Tusa Duo-Air Alternate Combo Inflater
SeaQuest Air Source
Scubapro Air 2

Not looking for an 'alternate air source' versus an 'octo' debate--would just like to know if anyone has tried any of these and has any recommendations in alternate air sources.

Thanks.

dubya once bubbled...
I'm getting ready to purchase an alternate air source and am considering one of the following:

SeaQuest Air Source
Scubapro Air 2

Not looking for an 'alternate air source' versus an 'octo' debate--would just like to know if anyone has tried any of these and has any recommendations in alternate air sources.

Thanks.

I used the seaquest one years ago. It breathes stiff (high cracking pressure) and if you really suck on it the venturi goes slightly positive, at least the one I had did. it's useable but much more than that I can't say without it becoming an air-source/octo debate.

R..

dubya once bubbled...

SeaQuest Air Source
Scubapro Air 2

Thanks.

My knighthawk had an AIR2 and seemed decent and worked ok. After having used the AIR2 i much prefer a bungeed 2nd under my chin with my primary on a long hose. Just my 2 cents worth.

and I like the ScubaPro AirII. I like the Air Source but not as much. Neither one will breath like a primary reg bucause they are designed to operate as a backup. If I ever switch over to my backup it is because I am coming out of the water.

As for the Tusa. I just never did get comfortable with it.

Back
Top Bottom