Altering DUI Thinsulate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mweitz

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So, I got a nice 200G DUI Thinsulate suit. It fits well, but is just a tad too long (I am height to weight challenged :eyebrow: ).

Is it easy to pull a couple of inches off the bottom? I don't just want to bring it down to the cleaners if there is something weird about the filling ....

Thanks,

Mark

mweitz:
So, I got a nice 200G DUI Thinsulate suit. It fits well, but is just a tad too long (I am height to weight challenged :eyebrow: ).

Is it easy to pull a couple of inches off the bottom? I don't just want to bring it down to the cleaners if there is something weird about the filling ....

Thanks,

Mark

Hey Mark, Take it to a tailor. I did that with my DC Extreme suit and it worked out fine. :)

Just leave it as is and let it buch up a little or cuff the legs and arms. The extra fabric/air space will keep you warmer and give you extra mobility. I bought mine a size too large for this very reason.

theskull

theskull:
. The extra fabric/air space will keep you warmer and give you extra mobility.

theskull

Yea and trap excess air.

Have it altered and when the tailor takes the measurements hold your arms up over your head. That's the way to get it right.

theskull:
Just leave it as is and let it buch up a little or cuff the legs and arms. The extra fabric/air space will keep you warmer and give you extra mobility. I bought mine a size too large for this very reason.

theskull

Mine has way to much in the legs. It really throws off my trim. I was thinking about having it altered. Glad I found this thread.

Tavi:
Mine has way to much in the legs. It really throws off my trim. I was thinking about having it altered. Glad I found this thread.

Definatelty man! They should fit every bit as good as the actual Dry Suit.

Hmmm, it doesn't bunch up at the bottom, it just goes almost to the floor so the foot hooks don't "hook".

I'll bring it out tomorrow and have a few of the crazy locals that are diving take a look at the fit :wink:

Mark

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom