Alterations to BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Depending on the type of BC, making an alteration could actually damage it.
On many jacket style BC's the bladder wraps around and it may be hard to tell exactly where it is.
On others, shortening the straps beyond where the factory has them could compromise the integrity of them. It's not like a coat. The BC has to support a load. Possibly as much as 40 lbs depending on cylinder, weights, etc.
I doubt any reputable shop would assume the liability of altering it in any way not approved by the mfg. And their lawyers might have something to say about that.
This is the one of the primary reasons I always recommended a Back Plate and Wing for kids. Easy to adjust the harness as they grow and fit it to them.

My first instinct is "find one that fits." But on further thought, how old, and how many dives?

Not that many; she bought it years ago. She recently got re-certified and is diving a lot now.

So I guess I'm with Jim on this one. BP/W is one size fits all because they're infinitely adjustable

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom