Alterations for a wetsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

islanddream

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I just purchased a Fourth Element farmer Jane wetsuit. The way it's manufactured, to get into it, you have to climb into it through the top of the wetsuit since there are no zippers. I'd like to alter the wetsuit and by opening up the shoulder seam and extending the material that comes from the shoulder seam from the back. I'd attach a long piece of material to the opened up seam, add velcro to it, and then add a piece of velcro to the front of the wetsuit. By doing both shoulders this way, the wetsuit would open at the shoulder and would be easier to climb into instead of going through a much narrower opening.

So my question is: Has anyone ever done this to a farmer Jane or farmer John wetsuit that has no zippers and the only access into it is through the top? If you have, how did it work? If you haven't, what thoughts do you have on this idea?

Thanks!

islanddream

Back
Top Bottom