Alot of good info on this board

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dtmlevatan

Reaction score
Hi everybody,
My name is Dan and i'm from St. louis Mo.Just found this board and can't get enough reading.Want to take lessons and start diving.Want to dive in the creeks around here lookin for arrowheads.Also want to plan a trip out to north carolina to look for gold coins and stuff (i have an underwater metal detector). Talk to u all later.:arrow:

It is indeed a nice place, and there are many knopwledgable folks here...

I've learned much, and learn more each day.

Welcome!

:wave: Hiya, Dan from St. Loooie!

Hello Dan from St. Louis. We have a large group of awesome divers here from all over.
I hope you get to take lessons. From what you've already read, I'm sure you can see that it is a lot of fun.

Ever think about searching for gold and coins out on the ocean? Might make for a great vacation.

You sound like you are a Dan with a plan. The concept of diving for arrow heads interestes me, too. Something that you may already know, but others may not; is that waters controlled by governmental types--particularly the Feds--are regulated regarding removal of Native American artifacts.

Some of my geologist buddies were hasseled lately while walking the shore of a Corps of Engineers lake that had been drawn down to winter pool. It took them a while to convince the enforcement person that the specimins they were searching for were not artifacts.

I'm not knowlegeable about the regs, but urge anybody who has an interest in artifact hunting to check out the legality, before getting bit by Big Brother. Like every other topic I've read on the board, I'll bet there is someone here with expertise to share in this area.

You mentioned creeks as your search areas and that implies private property, to me. I should hope you would be free to hunt in that envionment.

I wish you success and let us know how you fare in your quest.

KYDan

Hi
Welcom from the west part of the state of Missouri. Diving for arrowheads and such sounds interesting.

Happy and Safe Diving

Ron

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom