Alona dive shop recomendations please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Oasis is a nice reasonable priced resort, they are attaced to Sea Quest. I had a great time diving with Sea Quest, absolutely no complaints and well run.

I have lived/dived on Alona Beach for almost a year. I am very happy with Seaquest Dive Center and recommend them highly. There are several nice new resorts in the area depending on your budget & length of stay. PM me if you need more information.

"living life without a hard bottom"
KT

Could you let us know which resorts are new and how new they are?

Thanks for all the recommendations, we had an awesome trip.

Ended up with Seaquest, great outfit. I did two trips to Balicasag, one 3 tanker to Cabillao, and one day local Alona diving. Nicest Bancas, great DMs, groups split by ability and interests, excellent. Price was right at P1200 per dive for 10 dives.

My one buddy did a scuba review with Felix, and we dived with Felix at Balicasag as well, just the three of us. Felix is a veteran DM, very mellow, providing excellent personalised service.

Our other buddy did his OW referral, AOW and Nitrox in 4 days, wow. All one on one with Trevor from the UK. Quite the work out, but Trevor kept it fun and interesting. I joined in on the night dive, which was the final dive of the AOW course.

Great food at the Oasis/Seaquest bar, the Thai curry is the best we had in Philippines. Friendly staff, comfortable vibe. I would highly recommend Seaquest for all levels of divers. We dove Alona, Malapasqua and Mactan and Alona was the best of the three.

I would also recommend Flower Garden Resort, we had a 3 bedroom House with living room and kitchen for $60 a night. Although it is not right on the beach the 10 min walk to Seaquest in the morning was no problem, Sigi and May were welcoming hosts, great place.

Special thanks to Krazytomdiver of Scubaboard for loads of good advice. We got to meet him for a drink or two at Helmut's the local expat bar in Alona.

Great times and great diving, T

Welcome to Alona Divers Website did us a great job over 3 days, good prices, Zaldy, good DM and guide, would use them again. No issues or problems. Eat at Trudi's just next door and always negotiate transportation prices to and from the ferry to the beach area.

Back
Top Bottom