Alona dive shop recomendations please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tjack

Contributor
Reaction score
Taos, New Mexico and Georgian Bay, Ontario
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi Philippines Paradise divers. I am looking for advice on dive shops and hotels on Alona Beach, Bohol.

One of my buddies will be doing his Open Water referral, what shop has the best instructors?

I have 450 dives, what shop is best for advanced divers, trips to the outer islands?

Are there good shore dives at Alona, which location shop is best for tank rentals and access to Shore dives?

Good hotel, close to shore dives and or dive shops?

Thanks in advance, Tom

I use Seaquest & the Oasis Resort.

Atlantis, Genesis, Sea-Explorer and Sea Quest all have well over 10 yrs experience.
Trip to the outer islands(eg. Cabilao and Pamilacan) is based on demand. However all dive shops go to Balicasag regularly.
Felix Sutter(?) at Sea-Explorer would get my vote as instructor but being the manager at the shop he might not be available.

I did all my dives with Philippine Fun Divers - very professional and safe. I dove with them for 3 days and would use them again in the future. Very friendly and helpful staff. I love diving in the Philippines, never had a reason to complain.

Holger Horn over at the Philippine Fun Divers in Alona beach, right beside Lost Horizon hotel.

Yup, I dived with Philippine Fun Divers twice now and probably will again as long as they are in business. There is a cheap bungalow resort up the hill from them that I stay at too for 700 php/night.

I also dove with Philippines Fun Divers when I stayed at Lost Horizon. I would recommend them.

Philippine Fun Divers at the waterfront in the middle of Alona beach. Rena, who resides there knows Bohol waters like a back of her hand and is a great as in instructor! Besides, next door bar/restaurant does good Club Sandwich, if You have 10 mins only to get a bite. =)

Any info on shore diving off Alona Beach?

Pretty much unanimous for PFD Philippine Fun Divers, any others
The only divers who are doing shore dive are ow students.
Genesis, Sea Explorers, Sea Quest are clustered fairly close to each other. Atlantis is at one end of the beach.
Talk to each of them and decide.
Most of the operators will put out their next day dive schedules on a notice board. So check it out in the afternoon. Cabilao is a must albeit a bit far(over an hr boat journey).
Balicasag is well worth of going back for at least couple of days. Bring a light to have a look under all those overhang.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom