Alona Beach map

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stvbrit

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Could any of my fellow bubble blowing amphibians steer me to a decent map of the Alona Bch area on Panglao Island, showing location of dive shops and hotels. T Y

Here ya go... map I picked up at the airport... but I'm not sure how accurate it is as I recall some of the shops might have moved around when I walked around there. For instance I remember Scubaworld being near the Alona Kew Hotel and Bay Watch Dive shop closer to Alona Palm.

Alonasmall.jpg

larger Panglao Island map here

Thanks for the map Pacman, I now have something to go on and get my bearings, T.Y.

de nada amigo...

But just a word of caution. I really think that map is outdated. I did pick it up on arrival at the airport in Tagbilaran and I remember it got me confused walking along Alona Beach as some of the dive shops were in different locations. Maybe some of the locals who have been there recently can confirm some of this...

Quite outdated.

- Scubaworld is right next to Aquatica and the infamous slow grill on the beach.

- Isis Bungalows is between Bohol Divers and Lost Horizon. Best white bungalows with fantasic sea views.

- Next to the tourist center on the road to Kamalig, there is Underworld Divers (w a huge banca) and Bella Cafe (ask Helmut for kickass coffees and hamburgers).

- Sea Explorers is right in front of Oasis Resort.

- I don't see the Powder Keg anywhere (should be on the mainroad next to Rona's Corner) It should be marked with PROMINENT HUGE RED XXXX and DANGER/WARNING/ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK signs on the map.

Traminer, thanks for the corrections... now we need a full trip report on the Powder Keg! I don't think I saw that when I drove down to Alona

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom