Almost Argonaut Kraken

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lots of stuff on the VDH website. Bryan built a fantastic archives.
Good Show, it is amazing what you can do with some ingenuity. TSM excellent source of parts for such projects. Many others with top-of-the line expertise assembling such regulators. …any chance you may be heading to Gibsonburg, OH for WSQ Memorial dive and Life Celebration for Bryan Pennington? So far things are stacking up for me heading that way and I expect to be there on the 26th unless something blows up or throws up. …should be many helpful resource people in attendance. I look forward to meeting those I have only e-mailed.

Scott G. Bonser
giantfroginthepool

Just the diaphragm seals the cans.

After further review, It's the seal between the two cans that I was after. What size oring?

The Kraken regulator body has a groove for an O-ring seal and does not use a cork gasket (between the body and can) as does the original USD/Voit body. The groove is in the regulator body, not the ABS plastic can. You will need to use a (original type) rubber/cork gasket with the Phoenix converted USD/Voit regulator body with Kraken cans. You can see the large O-ring in this photo that seals the Kraken lower can to the regulator brass body:

Some Krakens in the field have been modified with a more aggressive flow vane in the DSV to allow hotter tuning and an ambient diaphragm outward (over) travel positive stop to prevent the sticking to the exhaust mushroom valve that some have experienced :wink:.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom