Almost Argonaut Kraken

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Kraken regulator body has a groove for an O-ring seal and does not use a cork gasket (between the body and can) as does the original USD/Voit body. The groove is in the regulator body, not the ABS plastic can. You will need to use a (original type) rubber/cork gasket with the Phoenix converted USD/Voit regulator body with Kraken cans. You can see the large O-ring in this photo that seals the Kraken lower can to the regulator brass body:

Some Krakens in the field have been modified with a more aggressive flow vane in the DSV to allow hotter tuning and an ambient diaphragm outward (over) travel positive stop to prevent the sticking to the exhaust mushroom valve that some have experienced :wink:.
I have a Phoenix mounted in an Aquamaster body. Do not have the oring size for the can seal. The body to can seal is the same as on an Aquamaster? Haven't been able to mock up the parts. I need the oring size for sure. The rest I can handle, except for some can armor. Would be a nice touch.

I have a Phoenix mounted in an Aquamaster body. Do not have the oring size for the can seal. The body to can seal is the same as on an Aquamaster? Haven't been able to mock up the parts. I need the oring size for sure. The rest I can handle, except for some can armor. Would be a nice touch.
With the Aquamaster body you use the gasket I linked above for the body to can seal. The exhaust and mechanism side cans sandwich the outer rim of the main diaphragm (providing the seal). The only o-rings involved will be internal to the Phoenix.

Respectfully,

James

With the Aquamaster body you use the gasket I linked above for the body to can seal. The exhaust and mechanism side cans sandwich the outer rim of the main diaphragm (providing the seal). The only o-rings involved will be internal to the Phoenix.

Respectfully,

James
Got up off my rear and mated up the Argonaut cans with a diaphragm. Duh. Thanks. Too much thinking not enough doing.

Got up off my rear and mated up the Argonaut cans with a diaphragm. Duh. Thanks. Too much thinking not enough doing.
I've been there, lol.
Going to dive the Flower Gardens NMS next week with my Phoenix RAM as primary with a 1085 octo. Have put over 30 dives on it this summer, fresh and at the Gardens a few weeks back. Subsea sports backplate with a GDX S1 wing and single piece harness. I have it dialed in pretty good. Better than single hose? For me I say yes.

Attachments

• IMG_5993.jpg
    IMG_5993.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 56
I finally made a label for reg.
Keeping with the Kraken theme, I went with LUSCA, a half octopus and half shark.
Didn't like the sharktopus name and found it named a Lusca in Caribbean mythology.

LUSCA a deadly creature that prowls the deep and preys on the unsuspecting.

IMG_1545.JPG

Back
Top Bottom