Allow myself to introduce...myself

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2 Bar

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I have been peeking through these forums lately because I am happy to announce tonight is my first OWC class. I've been looking around here enjoying your advice, knowledge, and experiences, and can't wait to have some of my own to share.

I was going to wait until becoming certified to join, but I'm too psyched with my first class tonight. So here I am. I did discovery diving in Bermuda in July and a week after I got back my ass was in my LDS (picking up some of your lingo already).

My user name is suitably taken right out of the 1st few pages of the PADI book, since I'm a newby. I look forward to posting with everyone, and maybe meet some of you while out there. My friends and I already have a trip to Cozumel planned for November and I didn't even hit the pool yet.

Hello again. See Ya!

:bang:

Just got back from taking my 14 YO daughter to a "Try Scuba" at a local dive shop pool. She loves it, so I'm getting her certified in the spring, and planning a 3 generation dive trip next summer (her, me and her grandfather!).

You'll love Cozumel!

2 Bar,
Glad to have you aboard. Good luck on your class and I'm sure they'll teach you the secret handshake.
Dive Safe,
Larry

You left out the secret password, chant, dance and decoder ring. These are IMPORTANT!!!!

daylight once bubbled...
2 Bar,
Glad to have you aboard. Good luck on your class and I'm sure they'll teach you the secret handshake.
Dive Safe,
Larry

So 2 Bar, you'll have to ask your instructor: "What's 2 BAR?"

The answer should be "About 29 PSI"

Roak :)

Welcome to the board!

Thanks for the welcome. I went to the class and it was ok. I walked in all ready to learn some hard core diving facts. I went to the first class with the first three chapters read and I had the first two tests already filled out and ready to hand in.

Most of the class was people getting there late, going over paper work (which I had already done), looking at the basic equipment you need (which I had already bought), assigning us homework (which I had there with me), and a basic orientation-introductory to scuba which I liked. Then we got to set up scuba gear and break it down to be ready for the pool next week.

So as the night went on it got better. I can't wait to hit the pool. I figured what the hell and picked up a Henderson 3mm jumpsuit. I can use that in the pool and on my Cozumel trip.

As for the secret handshake, maybe that's later in the course.

:bang:

Hey 2Bar! Welcome to Scibaboard. Your are going to love Cozumel. Great intro piece. "Allow myself to introduce . . .myself." Course my wife says I am amused by simple things.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom