Alligator Reef 4-24-14(pix) Islamorada Florida Keys

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deeper thoughts

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Water was flat calm, not a ripple. Viz looked great heading out to the reef but the dive sites viz was blah 30 feet of green water. Water temp on GPS said 77 and dive computer said 82. I am pretty sure the water was not 82. Light current.

The highlight of the dive was a huge Hammerhead. The picture doesn't do it any justice in size(proof of life picture not any good). This shark was swimming under a bunch of kids snorkeling and they never saw it. While I was following it a loggerhead turtle ran right into my back(gave me a jolt)

50 or more grouper and an unbelievable amount of lobsters.

095.Vivid.jpg100.Vivid.jpg070_edited-1.jpg086_edited-1.jpg089_edited-1.jpg123_edited-1.jpgIMG_0216_edited-1.jpgIMG_0254_edited-1.jpgIMG_0258_edited-1.jpgIMG_0264_edited-1.jpgIMG_0273_edited-1.jpgIMG_0307_edited-1.jpgIMG_0314_edited-2.jpgIMG_0321_edited-1.jpgIMG_0321_edited-1.jpg

Forgot to mention the school of dolphin that followed our boats wake for a bit

Nice. Looks like the hammers are out and about throughout South Florida.

Nice pictures: #4 made me hungry, let's see, only four months until regular bug season again.
These lobsters are monsters at this reef

---------- Post added April 26th, 2014 at 09:05 AM ----------

Nice. Looks like the hammers are out and about throughout South Florida.
We were only in about 15-20 feet of water and that made him seem even bigger

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom