Alleged illegal tanks sold by Add Helium-Heads up to any that may have purchased

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt very much Add Helium will go away, it seems the only person this involves is is a 20% partner that's seems to have stolen company money to remove working capital and is try to take the focus off his crimes but spreading rumors. It now appears this guy has some Stolen Valor issues. That's speaks volumes about his character .

I doubt very much Add Helium will go away, it seems the only person this involves is is a 20% partner that's seems to have stolen company money to remove working capital and is try to take the focus off his crimes but spreading rumors. It now appears this guy has some Stolen Valor issues. That's speaks volumes about his character .
birds of a feather ...

There is a diver on this board who mentioned in a blog (iirc) some time ago that it was the 20 anniversary of the last time he was arrested. People do in fact change.

I've had my own business for 20+ years and I can promise you all you don't grow a business as big as Add Helium by being shady and dishonest.
It takes honestity, and great customer service, and reasonable prices. As small as the dive community is if he was ripping off venders and customers he would have been gone a long time ago.

I've had my own business for 20+ years and I can promise you all you don't grow a business as big as Add Helium by being shady and dishonest.
It takes honestity, and great customer service, and reasonable prices. As small as the dive community is if he was ripping off venders and customers he would have been gone a long time ago.
not so sure I agree that Add Helium was such a great business. No question it grew fast, so do many business's that appear to be good. That doesn't mean it';s honest by any stretch and certainly enough vendors in the industry ended up wanting nothing to do with Sotis

Don't count Add Helium down and out, they got slammed with a sneak attack by an unhappy employee/investor, had over $100K drained from their accounts the day before the suit was filed (and the plaintiff complained about them shutting down the ATM cards to the accounts!). Yet they kept moving forward and were able to "snap kick" in response to the attack and secure the money (now in an escrow account) as well as lift the injunction.

No one can tell the future, and it is evident Peter and Add Helium have a rough road ahead. But do you really think this is the toughest thing Peter has faced? The details are sure to come out, and as in any dispute, the truth often lies between the extremes. I encourage everyone to apply the Golden Rule here and treat all involved as you would want to be treated if this was happening to you, from either side of the coin. Remain professional (I had to acknowledge my own shortcoming there, you can read my posts to see what about), courteous, and decide on a personal level where you stand.

But I definitely feel it is a bit early to talk about the demise of Add Helium and how customers will be left out in the cold, targeted by the FBI, short changed or otherwise harmed by this event. Ask yourself about the agenda of any poster, especially those who refuse to reveal their identity. Are they trying to act in an honorable manner, or is their goal something else altogether. Ask yourself who insisted this, and why. Ask why the agreement between the two parties had a clear provision for arbitration in the event of a disagreement, yet the plaintiff chose instead to try to circumvent that process. Ask yourself about the motivations of both parties, and who has acted honorably, and who is on the board trolling and 'stirring the pot".
Let us wait and see, and treat the ALL participants with the respect they are due as members of our community and as individuals.

Cerich, just because a vender chooses not to do business with Peter does not equal dishonestly like people keep suggesting. Peter is a hard core businessman and I'm sure he has ruffled some feathers over the years but capitalism will fix that. If someone can do it better then Peter then they should step up and compete against him. A sure sign of a poor business person is one that talks **** about their competition, our customers and venders aren't stupid , they figure out who is the best and who is the worst and they do all the **** talking that is needed. I opened my business 20 years ago because I wanted to do things MY way. Some people don't like my way so they go to my competitors so if I want them back I have to try do better then everyone else. AH is not going down over this ridiculous petty garbage. Although crossing the department of transportation ( DOT ) could get you a stern talking too :wink:

Well you should post your real name and explain in detail what happened. Then all that that is left is for you to do it better then him and put him out of business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom