Allan light info

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike Lev

Contributor
Reaction score
If anyone cares the first mention of the Allan light I found in Skin Diver magazine was July,1966 page 55. It has a 3627 Highland Avenue Redwood City,Cal address. It changed to the Belmont address in the Sep,1966 issue page 66.

---------- Post Merged on September 4th, 2012 at 05:33 PM ---------- Previous Post was on September 3rd, 2012 at 11:46 PM ----------

I found the patent numbers for the cylinder and retangle type lights. Both filed in 1972. But were around since the mid 60's. D231483 AND D228084.

Last edited:
Thanks, that is earlier than I remember. Here is a scan of the ad with more detailed specs than their smaller ads that dominated later.

Allan Light 1966-07.jpg

The ad looks like and describes the Model 500B I have, but may be the “A” model. To complete the puzzle, any idea when they become Darrell-Allan Corp and moved to Healdsburg, California?

Last edited:
Hello Mike and Akimbo,During a little more delving into Darrel-Allan came across this light a 500B specification DARREL ALLAN 500B.JPG6.jpgDARREL-ALLAN  500.JPG anyone have any idea what was the difference between the 400 and 250 (plastic housing)?

Back
Top Bottom