All about Halcyon wings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dtdiver once bubbled...
seems i will have to order a custom inflator hose.
If you bought the BC new, it should include the correct length inflator hose. Contact who sold you the wing...
dtdiver once bubbled...
is it typical for halcyon bc's to have shorter inflator hoses? have any of you had the same experience?
Yes, Halcyon's come with the correct length inflator hose, OMS' are much too long.

Roak

have any of you noticed incompatibility between inflator hoses

specifically referrring to my inability to use a dui hose on my oms bc

geez, another thing to worry about,

seems i spend more time tweeking the setup than diving :wink:

dt

yes i bought it new and i will contact them

i do find the longer hoses can be harder to locate unless banded inplace or anchored by running the hose through the d-ring

The Halcyon wing should have come with a LP hose...both of mine did. Did you buy the wing new?

The inflator hose is supposed to be shorter than what you are used to. Most wings come with inflator hoses that are way too long, the Halcyon is the correct length.

divegeek once bubbled...

Do you ever have to remove the inflator from the bungee to dump air?

Charlie...

Absolutely not. Remember, that D-ring should be at your collarbone, so simply raising the inflator positions it well high enough. In fact, since I got my wing, I do most of my dumping from the rear dump valve. When there's a bit of air in the wing, the valve is positioned very nicely to grab and pull, even with heavy drygloves on. I still dump from the inflator occasionally, though, but I have to arch my back up a little bit.

Can anyone tell me the approximate dimensions of the Halcyon Pioneer 27# wing ?

27.5 x 19 inches....

Oohhh what a conundrum.....

I've been out of diving for almost a year....I was diving a 36 and 45# pioneer wing on a FredT heavy plate and STA, drysuit, woolies etc.

Methinks my coldwater days are numbered anyways, but I'm headed to Cayman Brac in March and I just mentioned to Fair Wife that I would be needing some "new" diving equipment. I mentioned a skin/warm water suit, fins to fit my feet , not my boots etc. She was a little agast at the thougt of my buying "WARM WATER GEAR" and the debate became......HEATED.

So in an attempt to limit my pain and agony at home I have had to rethink my delivery.......what do I need, what can I save and use?

Can I dive Brac with a 36# wing or will that be just stupid? I've also got the 45, which is my primary drysuit wing and the 36 is just sitting there, so I am also considering eBaying the 36# and buying another wing that is more....tropical, if you know what I mean. Also I'm sure that I'll need to get ahold of FredT (Fred expect PM SOON) for latest prices and models of something lighter and eaiser to pack.

What else do I need to think about....come on there have got to be other Michigan/cold water types out there that have made the conversion to warm water.

Thanks in advance for your constructive criticisims....

WINDY

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom