Alkin W31 vs Bauer Oceanus E1 - A Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

An upgrade was made on the W31’s in mid-2021, there were internal improvements. The manual you are looking at online probably belongs to an older model W31. The compressor you received was a newer model and the hard copy manual that came with it showed every 250 hours. See picture below.

For the engine issue the same situation goes, the manual received does not the engine brand. See picture below.

Overall, your main issue was the carbon monoxide which was caused by inefficient piping that is done on your end. The order was shipped as we received it from scuba.com. All other things you are mentioning are minor complaints that would have been resolved through a phone call with us and for free. You ended up paying twice more. We agree Bauer is a very good compressor.

477a17d0-2b05-45c5-a17e-5917e36fa241.jpg
c1ecb2f1-0fde-4909-86e5-ae380e5f0c9c.jpg
25fde122-9fa3-47f9-b114-d182b85cb72b.jpg

This is what happens when you let air gun traders onto a divers forum
Confusion and crap in equal measure.

I have an electric alkin, no issues at all came highly recommend be several of my local dive shops.

For the engine issue the same situation goes, the manual received does not the engine brand. See picture below.

Don't ******** us here. The advert from scuba.com clearly shows the Honda GTX petrol (gas) industrial OHV engine in the advert. It's In the photo clear as day.

What is listed in the manual is irrelevant and misleading the OP was mislead.
A cheaper Briggs and Stratton light duty motor was substituted.

Copy of the dealers advert enclosed below
Copy of the photo from the advert enclosed below

All show the Honda GTX Industrial rated engine.

Attachments

• ALKW31M37GM.jpg
    ALKW31M37GM.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 71
I have an electric alkin, no issues at all came highly recommend be several of my local dive shops.
Highly recommended? Was scuba.com one of them LOL:

Come back if you reach 500 hours on the hour meter, or before if it don't make it.
That is if you had one fitted. LOL

And guess what you ask, when you go onto the ALKIN USA website looking for a scuba compressor
you can't find the W31 model as its not listed under Products or under applications SCUBA
(The reason why will be clear in later posts)

For the W31 model you have to dig around and go onto the Paintball and Airgun section, I kid you not.
The reason I will give later.

And surprise surprise when you finally get to the said W31 paintball, airgun model
there she is with the Honda GTX industrial rated motor

I kid you not......................Give me strength

Now what is hard to find is the cheaper Briggs and Stratton.
But where I come from pulling a stunt like that in an advert would have consequences. Just saying

Attachments

• W31_4.jpg
    W31_4.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 63
An upgrade was made on the W31’s in mid-2021, there were internal improvements.
What substituting the cheaper lighter duty Briggs and Station was an improvement?
Shall we now discuss these internal "improvements" Are you ready.

Highly recommended? Was scuba.com one of them LOL:

Come back if you reach 500 hours on the hour meter, or before if it don't make it.
That is if you had one fitted. LOL

You can't read I said LOCAL.

And guess what you ask, when you go onto the ALKIN USA website looking for a scuba compressor
you can't find the W31 model as its not listed under Products or under applications SCUBA
(The reason why will be clear in later posts)

For the W31 model you have to dig around and go onto the Paintball and Airgun section, I kid you not.
The reason I will give later.

And surprise surprise when you finally get to the said W31 paintball, airgun model
there she is with the Honda GTX industrial rated motor

I kid you not......................Give me strength

Now what is hard to find is the cheaper Briggs and Stratton.
But where I come from pulling a stunt like that in an advert would have consequences. Just saying

Wrong, I went and looked sure enough under high pressure breathing compressor it's listed.

@iain/hsm

You are so freakin rude, hostile and incredibly toxic. You do NOT add any positive or constructive anything in this thread.

Back
Top Bottom