Alkin W31 Filter ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WVMike

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Can anyone describe how to repack the stock filter assembly on the Alkin W31 compressor?

The refill kit has three fiber pads, 10g charcoal, 20g Molecular Seive, 30g Molecular Seive and two O rings.

The O rings are easy to fiqure where they go. The kit did not have instructions nor does the manual.

Thanks in Advance

Mike

All I can add is the seive is before the charcoal. You don't want moisture getting to the charcoal. Don't know why two different sieve packs. I use only one sieve in my compressor but it's not an Alkin

captain:
All I can add is the seive is before the charcoal. You don't want moisture getting to the charcoal. Don't know why two different sieve packs. I use only one sieve in my compressor but it's not an Alkin

The housing has two chambers. It appears that air is forced down through the outer chamber and then up through the inner chamber to the fill whip.

It also appears that the charcoal may have been in the middle of the two sieve types.

Looks like air went through first layer of sieve in outer chamber, then charcoal at bottom of housing and then up through second sieve layer in the inner chamber.

What happens when moisture gets to the charcoal?

It loses it efectiveness because it becomes saturated with water and charcoal has some sulfur in it which combines with the moisture to produce sulfuric acid that will corrode the filter housing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom