Alki Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for all the great help guys, I went out with my two buddies to give it a shot. As of the beginning of the dive I was deemed the leader since I had taken the time to print a map and do the research on here.

We decided to drop in and head towards the boundary line, then follow the boundry line out to 60fsw take a right and check out the honeybear. I made it abundantly clear that whatever we do we CANNOT CROSS THE BOUNDARY LINE, I had just read one site where people made some comment about posting pictures of people who cross the boundary line so they can be ridiculed publicly, I know it was said in jest, but I got the point. Between that, and the thought of causing the ferry to stop and/or getting turned into chum by the prop, I had a healthy fear crossing the line.

So we get in the water, and start heading for the boundary line, we swam, and swam, I started wondering if I had messed up the compass heading, I look up and see a pier post, then look up more, and see that I in-fact, had lead my buddies directly into the no-dive area :( I cannot believe that I did that! After all the prep, and everything, we promptly turned around and found the line that all three of us had managed to swim right over the top of.

Needless to say, I feel like an idiot, but the rest of the dive was great, saw the honeybear, looked at some critters, it was a blast.

Thanks for all your help guys!

Don't feel bad . . . I think a lot of us have done that at one time or another, particularly when the sea lettuce is thick or the silt is heavy!

Definitely, it has happened to most of us at one time or another. Keep in mind that if you drop down at the beach and swim straight you will probably cross the line as it is a curved line.

Back
Top Bottom