Aliexpress and other Cheap Stuff Thread

Do you buy/trust cheap unbrand/nobrand Chinese stuff?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

let me remind (again and again) to all of your:
Look at the epigraph... it is the answer to your question about brand of this reg. Here is the origin (at least P600) - W.M.D-1st Stage Regulator
I think yours asking R1A from the similar source :)
like that Regulator Set 7 but with another front cover
I use many different equipment from China or Taiwan.
all my 1st stages - is somewere from there. (WMD or similar). shorty wetsuit for the pool. both torches. SPGs (I use mini-SPG, without hose, for SideMount). sausage-mini-buoy (SMB). BCD (it is just a inflatable pillow for sleeping, but real china goods!)

I buy some stuff from Ali once in a while. the yonsub shorts mentioned above are great for the price (especially when compared to their pretty much identical but $$$$ Apex brothers), and also a handful of dive lights and 18650s. it's hard to complain about paying $25 cdn shipped for a decent enough xml 18650 light. I've had them to almost 100 ffw at 42°, without issue or failure. I've also lost one of these torches, due to my own stupidity, and a clumsy fellow diver's inattentiveness, and I wasn't out of pocket a great deal. the wait for shipping is a bit of a chore, but for the value, sometimes worth it. the aluminum spools and dsmbs are also a pretty good value compared to local offerings. I guess I mainly stick to items that aren't terribly technical, or complicated...

Gonna probably retire my OG cheap chinese light. Still works after tons of abuse. I swapped out the switch for a $10 piezo before the switch could fail about a year ago, has been flawless as a button since then. The screw-in red piece in the front became a little loose from me opening it, after about 5 tightenings and some minor leaks over about a year, I got fed up and glued that into place permanently. Definitely battle-worn, proud to have consistently used it in cave diving for over 2 years.

Upgrading to an Orcatorch D630 after a labor day sale for like 400 bucks. It's an upgrade, but not a huge one. A 2x burntime, slightly tighter beam, and a canister. To those pursuing a cheap solution, these cheap guys can get the job done (with modification).
signal-2022-09-12-142436_001.jpeg

I buy all my smb, BCD, bag and any "textile" items at OSR (you can find their shop on AliExpress) Not the cheapest of AliExpress but trust worthy on most item.

I bought them 8 tech BCD, and I ve been very pleased with it. Their adjustable harness works great and is a must if you use them for students.

They also sell knock off of holis side mount BCD. They claimed to be their EOM. Dunno if true but I be been unable to find a difference between their item and the holis one. After one year it seems durable too.

Back
Top Bottom