algulfdiver if you would

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tom wicker

Contributor
Reaction score
Gary if you would can you settle a little bet we have going here? On your video where your showing the Pete tide footage (by the way some awesome footage on this video) There is a large Grouper staying right at the edge of the Viz line in a few of the shots . Can you confirm what type it was and why no one seemed to go after it? The second question is the Diver with the spare air supply strapped to his tank carried a thick heavy looking black gun again can you offer some detail just what type gun this was

Please be kind this could be costly I loaded the video while we were playing some cards and were looking forward to hitting you up for a trip as soon as the water warms a bit (siteseeing)

tom wicker:
Gary if you would can you settle a little bet we have going here? On your video where your showing the Pete tide footage (by the way some awesome footage on this video) There is a large Grouper staying right at the edge of the Viz line in a few of the shots . Can you confirm what type it was and why no one seemed to go after it? The second question is the Diver with the spare air supply strapped to his tank carried a thick heavy looking black gun again can you offer some detail just what type gun this was

Please be kind this could be costly I loaded the video while we were playing some cards and were looking forward to hitting you up for a trip as soon as the water warms a bit (siteseeing)

Tom,
That Grouper is a Goliath (Jew Fish) and the Black gun (that is Me by the way) is a 48" Rhino Sea Hornet. Hope this helps.

Yea thats what we needed. I feel the fool though, Man that gun looked somewhat bigger than mine I was guessing it was a commercial Rhino of some sort. Well atleast I came closer than the other two on the IDs. Are you going to get in some freeshafts for the SS before spring?

You have also got to put out some more videos. The big "O" and some of the fish covered barges would be cool and a tank or two

wjefferis:
mmmmmmmmm.......sounds like speargun envy to me.:D

Yea no fare his gun is bigger than mine.:shocked: All jokes aside I’ve got the 52'’ Rhino (which I bought from his shop) but in the video that 48'’ appears to be much thicker it could be the illusion of the gun being loaded with the stretched bands along its sides giving what appears to be more mask to the thickness of the stock. Shane and Terry was saying it looked like one of Bloodworks custom guns but the yellow but plate on it made me think it was from the Rhino family made by SS.

Wjefferis do you spearfish? If so we will have to get together sometime and hunt some fish

I have not learned how to spearfish yet. I do plan on buying a speargun this summer and either take a class on spearfishing or learn from someone with good experience. I look forward to bringing home some of that fresh gulf fish!!!!!:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom