Aldora Special Ops

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Many of you may know that Aldora has been exploring northern and east side sites for several years. WE have decided to focus more energy on the spectacular sites seldom seen by anyone and some places will be the first time ever. Not completely lightheartedly, we are calling this effort Special Operations.

In that effort, today we launched a new boat. Formerly a government patrol boat it is as sturdy and as sea worthy as we can make it. Called Aldora VI it is much larger than our other boats and will be comfortable in almost any sea condition.

As of 2 PM it floats and both 150 hp engines are running. We expect to begin service with it next week after we break it in.

View attachment 206651

Hi Dave,

Are the Special Ops dives on your website yet? What is Aldora Adventures?

Thanks, Craig

Dear Scubadada,

"Aldora Adventures" is listed on our web site Bienvenidos - Aldora Divers | Only the best of Cozumel. We began that specialty when we found the caves of sleeping sharks and a few really neat dives in the far north of Cozumel. I guess we have had about 100 divers visit those sites with us over the last year (weather is a big factor).

Now we have decided to devote a significant part of our staff and energy into a dedicated program to serve those sites and others that we will be exploring…hence the distinction Aldora Special Ops. Out two primary boats will be the new Aldora VI and refurbished Aldora V. By the way, we do have more than 6 boats, it is just that we have had to accept prior names as we have purchased boats, such as Hurricane, Gaviota, Pescador and Falicity. There will never again be an Aldora 2 as it sunk on us three times and in 1998 we sold it as a "death ship". It ended up with a different name and now rests at the bottom of the Cozumel channel—but that is another story!

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

Very cool!! Congrats Dave! ... gonna have to work out some dive time with Adora one of these days...

Congrats Dave and Memo! Bringing the entire family down there the 3rd week of July with you. Memo--Get some shirts in stock this time! See you in July.

6 on the water this morning.
image.jpg

Moored next to Hurricane.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 389
Last edited:
I can't wait, Memo was talking about this boat when i was down in March. Ready for more adventures, and love Memo's shirt.

First trip to the Shark Caves today with Special Ops, Memo promised to bring me back some Lion Fish ceviche…while I tend the store. How is it that I turned Paradise into a job?

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

---------- Post added April 18th, 2015 at 04:13 PM ----------

Well, I did get the best ceviche ever…mix of lobster, lion fish and conch. Missed the two sleeping sharks but I will eat well tonight. Hard at work in Paradise!

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

I'll be there in 2 weeks, can't wait.

I applaud your efforts and will book with Aldora on my next trip to Coz

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom