Aladin Square question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tony387

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just had my Aladin Square replaced under the warranty, as it went through two batteries in 8mos and about 50 dives. After waiting six weeks to my replacement, I dove the new one for the first time today.
The first thing I realized is that it didn't activate once I got in the water. I activated it manually and proceeded with my dive. After I got home, I checked my settings only to find that the Wet Contact activation was actually set to "ON." Could there be any other reason that it is not activating automatically?

It's not a super big deal, except that I am going to the Keys (for the first time) in about six weeks, and I still have a computer that I don't completely trust to get me through my dives.

I was just wondering if there was something I've overlooked. I have read the manual several times, but still at a loss.

Thanks in advance,

I'm not familiar with the Aladin square computer. I would talk with the dive shop you purchased it from or call the uwatech tech support if you are having concerns even after reviewing the manual. I been forced to call uwatech a couple of times when the " new " staff at the dive shop were unsure about computer related questions. The tech support team was friendly and right to the point. I was able to get the support number off the Johnson outdoors website. Good luck and have fun in the keys.

The Aladin Square will turn on after about a minute of submersion. When the computer reaches 3 feet it will begin recording the dive

Back
Top Bottom