Aladin Prime Problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mahjong

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I bought an Aladin Prime in 2005. Never used it (I just go with my old Aladin Pro and Sport, depending on the dive; such hoarding is not unusual for me, as I am a minor Scubapro collector--I have lots of stuff, new and old, that I have never dove). A week ago I decided I might take along my Prime on a dive in order to get a temperature reading (the old Pro and Sport don't offer temp). The Prime wouldn't boot, not unexpectedly, on a six-year-old battery. So I changed the battery and it booted up perfectly. The next day it was dead. I took it to my dive shop and they changed the battery again, and also put in a new O ring. It booted up perfectly. The next day it was dead.

Any idea what's wrong here?

I bought an Aladin Prime in 2005. Never used it (I just go with my old Aladin Pro and Sport, depending on the dive; such hoarding is not unusual for me, as I am a minor Scubapro collector--I have lots of stuff, new and old, that I have never dove). A week ago I decided I might take along my Prime on a dive in order to get a temperature reading (the old Pro and Sport don't offer temp). The Prime wouldn't boot, not unexpectedly, on a six-year-old battery. So I changed the battery and it booted up perfectly. The next day it was dead. I took it to my dive shop and they changed the battery again, and also put in a new O ring. It booted up perfectly. The next day it was dead.

Any idea what's wrong here?

Yes, a batch of Aladin Primes did ship with a battery problem awhile back. Please have your dive shop send in the unit to Tech Services for warranty inspection/replacement.

best in diving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom