Aladin Air 2 Nitrox Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SubMariner

C'est Moi
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Hey, all!

We have the opportunity to buy a lightly used Aladin Air 2 Nitrox (hoseless transmitter) from a neighbour. He claims it's only a couple of years old, and barely dove. However, since it was purchased in the UK, it's Metric.

I'm wondering if:

1) There are any recall issues on these PCs.

2) It can be reset to Imperial.

3) What we should be paying for it.

Thanks to everyone for their input! :thumb:

I assume you mean an Air Z, not Air 2.

No recalls afaik

You can switch between Imperial and metric bit you need a MemoMouse and Data Talk software to do so. If you don't have these your LDS will probably be able to do it for you.

recommended price in the UK was about £500 but they were discounted towards the end of their run to around £400. A quick look at ebay's completed listings shows used examples going for up to $350, including the transmitter and with lots of battery life.

The computer must be returned to Scubapro/Uwatec for battery replacement which makes it an expensive job, there's also a 3-4 week turnaround at the moment. When the transmitter battery fails it's also a return to manufacturer to replace, mine recently cost £60 to replace.

Thanks for the reply, Druid. :thumb:

I got similar information from ScubaPro.

I contacted Scubapro & to be honest, I'm a little dismayed at their answer. Basically, they said, yes, I could send it back to them to be reprogrammed for Imperial. However, when I asked if the battery could be replaced at the same time, they insisted that the battery was NOT replaceable.

But they would be happy to offer me a "discount" on a trade up for another computer...

How much bull hockey is this?!!!

After several weeks of back & forth emails, it has become apparent that the person they have answering their inquiries hasn't a clue. For some reason he thought I was inquiring about an X model, not a Z. My emails were VERY specific!
:confused:
I got more from talking to a local Scubapro dealer/LDS than from talking directly with Scubapro!

How sorry is that? :froggy:

Back
Top Bottom