Alabama Point Jetties 8-7-5 Dive Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SuPrBuGmAn:
5' JBL Polespear, the anodized aluminum kind with a swivelling twin barb tip. Excellent for flounder and smaller free swimming fish(I've tagged several sheepshead with it). I have a couple extra's if you want to drive over and give one a whirl one day before purchasing your own. You can get the entire setup at LP for ~50 I'd imagine. From what I've been told, 4' is excellent in shallow waters and jetties since you can whip it around easily. 6'-7' are great for deeper waters where larger fish may happen by. I bought the 5' as a happy medium, since I do alot of shallower dives as well as the occasional boat trip out to deeper water.

Besides, I have a 54" ABBiller for the bigger fish :wink:

Here's a pic of Patrick holding up our catch.

I'd love to. Still planning on the Oktoberfest trip.

Feel like bringing "Ms. Jellyfish" over for the LP Sheepshead rodeo?

http://www.thescubaco.net/SheepheadRodeo.htm

Yeah, definately still going to Oktoberfest.

Maybe some other weekend in Sept? I'd be up for a dive on the 21nd of this month maybe? If its local(Gulf Shores/Orange Beach). I've got a wedding to attend on the 20th, so the Sunday is my only option and I'd like to stay close to home. We can hit the jetties or, if the water is decent, ride out to the Gulf State Pier on Miss Jellyfish. Depends on weather more than anything else.

SuPrBuGmAn:
Yeah, definately still going to Oktoberfest.

Maybe some other weekend in Sept? I'd be up for a dive on the 21nd of this month maybe? If its local(Gulf Shores/Orange Beach). I've got a wedding to attend on the 20th, so the Sunday is my only option and I'd like to stay close to home. We can hit the jetties or, if the water is decent, ride out to the Gulf State Pier on Miss Jellyfish. Depends on weather more than anything else.

I'm diving in Boca Raton 8/20,21,22, or I'd be right there with you. Sept. is still open for now. I have to call Gary about the Lobster trip I schemed up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom