Alabama Jetties

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mzenzer

Registered
Reaction score
Can someone please give me an address near the jetties that I can pull up on mapquest, or a website that details the directions? I'm heading to Mobile tomorrow morning and thought I'd check the area out. While I'm at it directions to the Whiskey as well. Thanks!

mzenzer:
Can someone please give me an address near the jetties that I can pull up on mapquest, or a website that details the directions? I'm heading to Mobile tomorrow morning and thought I'd check the area out. While I'm at it directions to the Whiskey as well. Thanks!
Well, they ain't exactly hard to find...
From Mobile, take 98 East to AL 59; turn right & go 'till you're on the beach; turn left & go to the bridge.
You're there.
Rick :)

Here's a mapquest address: Gulf Rd Orange Beach, AL 36561

Go to http://maps.google.com and type in Orange Beach Alabama. Zoom in on the pass and switch to satellite view. There you have a hi-rez picture of the jetties. You can also do this for Pensacola, Destin, and Panama City. Morrison Springs, Cypress Springs, and Wakulla Springs. The Hi-rez picture turns to low-rez halfway down the road to Vortex.

You can with an AL spearfishing liscense.

Whiskey Wreck Directions:
I-10 to Loxley Exit,
Highway 59 South to beach
Right on beach road(Hwy 182) and go ~1/2mile
Park on beach side of road in public parking between new highrise being built and "Bahama Bobs Cafe".

Line yourself up with the Bahama Bobs signs and swim out 150meters and start looking for wreckage - if you find any, let me know :) I still haven't been out since Dec(when the wreckage was still covered).

By the way, the boardwalk repairs are complete and the shower head was back up 3 weekends ago(no water then, but I'm sure its been turned on by now).

Back
Top Bottom