AL Legend LX w/ACD - anyone take delivery of one?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RJP

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Have an AquaLung Legend LX Supreme w/ACD (Automatic Closure Device) on order from my LDS, hoping to get it in time for an April 2nd departure to Hawaii.

LDS tells me that they haven't begun to ship yet, and perhaps I should take one of the 2005 w/OUT ACD that he has in stock instead. Then I can have it retrofitted with the ACD when I get back, but that will involve parts and labor charges of course.

So, anyone here buy and take delivery of a new AL regulator with the ACD? I don't think my LDS is trying to unload old merchandise or sell me unecessary parts/service, but figured I'd ask around.

Thanks!

Yes Aqualung has shipped the first batch.

Some of my dealers who also sell Aqualung have it in stock.

PM me if you need to find one

RJP3:
LDS tells me that they haven't begun to ship yet................

We have sold several of them already and have had one customer that has several dives with the Legend LX ACD. We have done a good bit of testing on the flow bench and don't see any difference in performance between the ACD and the original model. That being said, I personally don't see any gigantic advantage to the ACD, but if the claims that it will keep the regulator cleaner are true, it could help many divers.

To convert an old Legend to a Legend ACD, you need several parts.......

Yoke Retainer PN 129212........$18
Retainer Spring PN 129204........$2
O-Ring PN 820009........$2
O-Ring PN 820321..........$1
Yoke Crown PN 129205......$15
Yoke Valve PN 129207.......$20

So, at a parts cost of $58, if you want the ACD, I would buy the ACD regulator. Since there was no price change in the regulator when they introduced the ACD, it would seem silly to buy the old one and then convert it. Thanks.

Phil Ellis

I got a the Legend LX Supreme ACD from my LDS about a month ago. They didn't have any in the store, so they ordered it, and it arrived about a week afterward. Still new to diving, but the reg breathes really really well, and I like not having to worry as much about getting anything in the 1st stage.

Cheers,

RJP3:
Have an AquaLung Legend LX Supreme w/ACD (Automatic Closure Device) on order from my LDS, hoping to get it in time for an April 2nd departure to Hawaii.

LDS tells me that they haven't begun to ship yet, and perhaps I should take one of the 2005 w/OUT ACD that he has in stock instead. Then I can have it retrofitted with the ACD when I get back, but that will involve parts and labor charges of course.

So, anyone here buy and take delivery of a new AL regulator with the ACD? I don't think my LDS is trying to unload old merchandise or sell me unecessary parts/service, but figured I'd ask around.

Thanks!

You never stated a price...:D

You never stated a price...

List price of the Legend LX Supreme I think is $610 (US) and the regular Legen LX is $15 bucks cheaper at $595. Now those are list prices. Some dealers only sell at list, but a few are competitive on price. That's with the ACD or without it ( for last years model for shops who still haven't ordered new regulators yet). The 2006 ordered ones are the ones with the ACD.

I bought mine from Phil who posted above at Dive Sports. He had the best prices on it, had the regulators in stock, and has great customer service. Give him a call if you don't want to wait on one. There's no sense in having to pay upgrade for parts and labor when the "new ones" are the same price as the old ones.

Back
Top Bottom